All children are not created equal, nor are all the baby products and items out there. What works for one child, might be a complete disaster for another. That is so true when it comes to getting those good zzz’s in place for our little ones. Some children may be able to get a good night of sleep when a sleep sack is introduced into the routine. There are a number of reasons why your baby won’t sleep, but if you consider your baby or child alert, very active, and maybe he or she has a hard time winding down, to slow down and go to sleep, then a sleep sack will be a helpful solution for your baby or toddler.
Somewhere between 3 and 6 months of age your baby may be busting out of his or her swaddle. Some parents say my child hates the swaddle, which can sometimes signal that they need the swaddle even more to get to calm. However, some children love the swaddle and do well sleeping, but all of sudden they become more mobile and the swaddle stops working like it use to. A simple in between solution is a sleep sack to help make nap time and bedtime routines even better.
Here are a number of reasons why I love including a sleep sack as a strategy to help your child get a good night of sleep:
- It can provide additional input that babies may need to get to calm, and feel snug as a bug.
- Gives them some mobility, but slows them down enough since they won’t have full range of motion to keep themselves up.
- Keeps a climber in the crib.
- Becomes a natural part of the nap time and bed time routine.
- It is a safe blanket your child can wear.
- The sleep sack can be used long-term, from the time your baby is rolling until they are ready to make the transition to the big kid bed (which is usually closer to age 2.5-3)
- Can keep your child from discovering how to take their clothes or diapers off while they are suppose to be sleeping.
- And yes of course- I know how smart our children are, so if and when your child learns and discovers how to zip the sleep sack up and down, a quick fix is to put it on backwards.
The sleep sack has got you covered to help keep sleep in place!
I love sharing some of my favorite items and all the multiple uses for them, especially when I get a lot of bang for my buck! I’m a frugal mom and I want to make wise choices when it comes to things I bring into my home. The opinions on these items are solely mine and are here to help educate and guide you. You of course should do your own research to make sure it is a good fit for your family.
What’s your family must have baby product or item?