A baby may have rocked your world! It is exciting and exhausting while being clear and confusing all at the same time.
Are you wondering:
- Is my baby eating enough?
- Is my baby sleeping enough?
- How do I know what my baby needs?
Are you thinking:
- Why am I feeling like this?
- When do I get to sleep?
- Do I get to sleep?
Children are placed with you as their perfect parent. Our parenting perspective brings in our unique background of nature and nurture to influence the parents we are becoming. It’s a challenge to navigate the websites, experts, books videos and all the opinions that are available to parents.
My role is to help you make informed decisions by providing evidence based information and nonjudgmental support as you’ll need to rest, recover, and bond with your little one.
Why hire a postpartum doula?
A postpartum doula is a woman professionally trained in newborn care and postpartum health to support, educate, and care for a mother and family in the days, weeks, and months following childbirth.
After you welcome a new baby a postpartum doula can help ease your family’s transition to parenthood and/ or growing family.
What does a postpartum doula do?
- Care for you
- Care for your baby
- Care for your entire family
- Support you and your choices
- Teach you about newborn cues, behaviors, and feeding your baby
- Guide you in your new role
- Prepare meals and snacks, do light house work, and run errands
- Help you gain confidence and trust in yourself
- Care for your baby throughout the night so that you and your family can get your much needed rest
- Make you feel supported and cared for
- Help you implement your system and philosophies
- Share with you a wealth of experiences and ideas
- Allow you to rest, heal, and will care for your family and newborn so you can enjoy this precious season
- AND SO MUCH MORE
What does the research tell us?
Research by experts tells us what many have long suspected-that those new parents who have support and feel secure and cared for during this time are more successful in adapting than those who don’t.
Studies have shown that cultures in which women are cared for by others for a defined period of days or weeks and are expected only to nurture themselves and their babies during that time have superior outcomes in postpartum adjustment.
We know that women who experience support from their family members, care providers, counselors and peer groups have greater breastfeeding success, greater self-confidence, less postpartum depression, and a lower incidence of abuse than those who do not.
When we know better, we can do better!
As your doula I can provide you day and overnight support to you and your family for one day, one week, one month, or an extended amount of time. As a professional expert in newborn care I can answer your questions, ease your mind, and help your family gain confidence.
I’m here to educate and
so that you can enjoy the parenting journey!
Let’s work together to begin laying a healthy foundation. Here’s how it works:
We’ll start with a short interview to be sure we are a good match. Every family is different, so support is different and customized to serve your family well.